Friday 2 September 2011

What I Want To Learn

Today I have been clarifying what I want to learn. I feel drawn towards a Celtic path, and I am very interested in learning more about the Green Man, and how he is related to Pan, Cernunnos, Herne, pretty much I want to learn all about the Horned God. I have a pretty basic understanding of him at the moment, that he is lord and protector of the forests and all nature in it.

I also feel drawn to an Earth Goddess, namely Gaia. I imagine her with dark skin and green hair, coming from the dark earth itself with greenery growing from her. In my view, both the Horned God and the Earth Goddess compliment each other. I am also interested in the Moon Goddess, though find it hard to associate the Moon Goddess with the Earth Goddess, I believe they must be separate, as I believe the Moon Goddess is literally the light of the moon, and the Earth Goddess feels much darker and possibly to do with the Underworld, which I also have limited understanding of. I think both of these would be best studied in winter, when I notice the Moon more, and I have heard the Underworld is also more accessible in the winter than the summer. Perhaps it is a more appropriate time for it?

I am also studying the sabbats, or festivals, of the Wheel of the Year. So at the moment I am learning about Mabon, which is the Autumn Equinox, and falls on the 23rd September this year. So I guess I will be studying the Horned God and the Earth Goddess, along with learning about Mabon this month. Now I have a plan! Whatever you are doing, enjoy this time of year as I can now feel the chill of Autumn, the Fall will soon be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment